Full-time: Tours & Events Manager
Your friends are always asking you for restaurant recommendations, and you have welcomed the “challenge” of getting to know Richmond’s restaurant scene inside and out. You’re regularly showing off your food and drink adventures on social media.
You can make friends with anyone, and, humble brag, you’re an amazing host.
You’re also detail- and goal-oriented and just happen to be looking for your dream job of working with dozens of Richmond’s best restaurants, breweries, and more!
We’re glad you’re here!
About The Job
Discover Richmond Tours is looking for a full-time Tours & Events Manager (with a side of social media skills) to work 30 hours/week. This is a partial-WFH job, with tons of flexibility, and opportunities for advancement.
The salary range is $40,000-$45,000. We also offer end-of-year performance bonuses, and there will be ample opportunities to lead tours, which are paid outside of the base salary. Total annual compensation is expected to be between $50,000-$55,000 with bonuses, tours, and tour gratuities included.
We are a tourism company, so as you can imagine, our busiest days are Wednesdays through Sundays. We tend to treat Mondays and Tuesdays a bit like our weekends. (It’s pretty great!)
As a primarily events-based role, the working hours are variable, with some remote and some on-site responsibilities.
Manage and oversee all logistical aspects of our tours; at the end of the day, your goal is to make sure every tour is successful:
– Hiring, training, scheduling, and supporting our tour guides.
– Ensuring tour guides have everything they need to be successful (information, training, and physical materials).
– Creating and managing relationships with our food and beverage partners, ensuring they are ready to successfully host tours.
– Communicating tour information to our food and beverage partners on a weekly and daily basis.
– Creating and executing one-off events and tours (Boozy Field Trips, for example).
– Staying on top of necessary maintenance and service of our 14-passenger bus (please note: you do NOT need to be a mechanic or even be able to maintain a vehicle yourself).
Work closely with our private event sales team to coordinate custom private events.
Perform administrative tasks related to tour operations:
– Customer follow-ups.
– Managing and responding to customer reviews.
– Ensuring food and beverage partners are paid on time.
– Payroll hours and other data logging.
Act as the default back-up tour guide if a scheduled guide is unable to lead their tour (we will train you to lead all of our tours, and you’ll be a pro in no time).
Actively maintain and increase Discover Richmond Tours’ social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok with regular updates:
– Create new social media content.
– Implement social media programs that complement our marketing campaigns.
– Health insurance (100% of premiums for employee paid by Discover Richmond Tours)
– 20 days of PTO
How To Apply
Fill out this form to upload your cover letter, resume, and 3 references: